Birth to Three Programs
There are agencies throughout Philadelphia that complete eligibility evaluations and provide early intervention services and supports for families.
Evaluations to determine whether a child is eligible for early intervention occur in the home with the parent and the child and are done by trained professionals.
Every Birth to Three program offers:
- services in locations where the child normally spends his or her day, such as home, a child care setting, or local playgroup.
- flexible scheduling of visits.
- services that support the family to help their child within the family's daily life, culture, values, and priorities.
- information in the family's native language unless it is clearly not feasible to do so. If a parent is deaf or blind, the staff will use the mode of communication that the parent normally uses, such as Braille, sign language, or oral communication.
- a variety of trained staff who can help the family work on goals related to their child's needs and their family's priorities. All people working in Birth to Three programs meet personnel standards and receive training annually.
- service coordination to help bring together the service providers, information and resources that will support the child and family.
List of Birth to Three Programs
Please note that some of the Birth to Three provider agencies may also offer services for children who receive services through the SEEDS Program (3-5 Early Intervention). This may be a consideration for you as you look ahead to the future needs of your child. However, your child may not automatically have the same EI service provider should your child need services after his or her third birthday. We encourage you to talk with the staff at ChildLink (215) 731-2110) to find out more about what is available to you and your child.
3825 Whitaker Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Family Support Services
4212 Chestnut St. 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
3132 Midvale Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19129
Northeast Growth and Development Center
7226 Castor Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19149
Overbrook School for the Blind
6333 Malvern Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19151
The Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
100 West School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Resources for Human Development (RHD)
90 Rochelle Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
Spring House Center W.
Suite 105, PO Box 906
Spring House, PA 19477
Special People in Northeast, Inc.
10521 Drummond Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
1 North Belfield Avenue
Havertown, PA 19083
Sunshine Therapy Club, Inc.
330 Township Line Road, Suite 102
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
3434 Garrett Road, Suite 140
Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Therapy Solutions Children's Services, Inc.
7051 W. Passyunk Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19142
Village Care Family Services
4950 Parkside Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Resource Fund Providers
Resource Fund Providers may be an option to secure needed services in a timely manner. The list of Resource Fund providers may change over time. Talk with a Service Coordinator at ChildLink (215) 731-2110 about any questions you may have about these providers.
Archbishop Ryan School
Hearing Sensitivity Services
Bilingual Therapy Solutions
Bilingual Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Instruction, Family Training
Geller and Grossman Speech Services
Invo Healthcare Services
Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy
Lovaas Institute for Early Intervention
Applied Behavior Analysis
Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavioral Training
Progressive Pediatric Therapy Associates
Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy
(215) 364- 5515
Thea Gail Gertz
Trinity Plus Rehabilitation Services